The Charles New Methodist Church women fellowship began early 1967 as soon as Charles New Methodist Church was incepted.
The women fellowship is open to all ladies and women in the church from the age of 25 years and above.
Currently, we have a membership of one hundred and ten registered members (110).
The Primary role of women fellowship is to Fellowship. The fellowship also provides an opportunity for ladies to get together for relationships, support and inspire one another in personal faith journey through group activities and opportunities for service.
To pray together
Sharpen one another
Encouraging one another
Small Group fellowships
The Main Women fellowship is sub-divided into small cell groups according to localities to enhance individual fellowship, personal touch and support through monthly meeting and home visitation at cell group level.
The Cell Groups are as follows:
1. Agape Sisters - Buruburu Phase III/Jogoo Rd/Jericho/Harambee &
2. Revival - Buruburu Phase I, II/Prudential/Kariobangi &
3. Zion Sisters - Buruburu Phase III, IV, V & Environs
4. Dorcas - Thika Rd/Kahawa sukari-Wandanyi/Thome &
5. Shinning Daughters - Donholm/Tena/Fedha/Umoja/Embakassi &
6. Star I - South ‘B’/’C’/Imara Daima/Langata & Environs
7. Star III - Muithaiga/Kiambu Rd/Runda/ Kitusuru & Environs.
Women fellowship meeting held on monthly basis (3rd Saturday).
Quarterly prayers and fasting
Retreats and seminars (professional speaker sourced)
Prayers held every Friday.
Visiting the sick and needy homes
Church decorations and snacks
Cell group meetings
Participation in social activities (Weddings/Graduations)
Involvement in Circuit and Synod activities.
Members home visits
Hospitality and social welfare
Presentations during church service
Women fellowship activities are normally supported by women fellowship kit and individual contributions.
The current Women Fellowship leadership is as follows;-
1. Chairlady - Mary Mwenda
2. Vice- Chairlady - Nancy Mawira
3. Secretary - Betty Nkoroi
4. Org. Secretary - Jessica Gitonga
5. Treasurer - Phyllis Mwiti
Women Fellowship theme is derived from the book of Mathew, Chapter 6, and Verse 33:-“BUT SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED TO YOU